Ecological balance is a term used to describe the equilibrium between living organisms such as human being, plants, and animals as well as their environment. … Therefore, this balance is very important because it ensures survival, existence and stability of the environment.
What is the ecological balance?
Ecological balance has been defined by various online dictionaries as “a state of dynamic equilibrium within a community of organisms in which genetic, species and ecosystem diversity remain relatively stable, subject to gradual changes through natural succession.” and “A stable balance in the numbers of each species …
What is an ecological balance Class 11?
1. Ecological balance is a state of dynamic equilibrium within a community of organisms in a habitat or ecosystem. 2. It can happen when the diversity of the living organisms remains relatively stable. 3.
How do you do ecological balance?
Recycle to help prevent the over-harvesting of natural resources. Conserve energy by choosing more energy efficient appliances and automobiles. If everybody uses less energy, pollution decreases and less coal gets used to power the nation and the world.
What is ecological balance mention the important measures needed to prevent ecological balance?
Species needed to maintain ecological balance are threatened or extinct due to overuse or destruction of their habitat. A strong effort to use natural resources in a sustainable and efficient manner will help to protect and maintain ecological balance. 2. Recycle to prevent the exploitation of natural resources.
What is ecological balance Ncert?
Ecological balance is a state of dynamic. equilibrium within a community of organisms. in a habitat or ecosystem. It can happen when. the diversity of the living organisms remains.
What is ecological balance PDF?
The ecological balance is a stable state between all plants and animals in an ecosystem and destabilization of this stable state is ecological imbalance that in turn exerts serious threats to widespread nature of biodiversity.
What is the importance of biodiversity class 11?
1. Biodiversity is important because each species can give us some clue as to how life evolved and will continue to evolve. 2. Biodiversity also helps in understanding how life functions and the role of each species in sustaining ecosystems of which we are also a species.
What are the major causes of ecological imbalance?
Ecological Imbalance in India: 5 Main Factors
- Degradation of Land and Soil Erosion:
- Faulty Utilisation of Water Resources:
- Environmental Problems from Faulty Mining Practices:
- Industrial and Atmospheric Pollution:
Which one of the following is threat to ecological balance?
Answer: when a nature or human caused disturbance disrupts the nature balance of an ecosystem. if a species disappears or a new species is introduced it can become a threat to ecological balance..